- Rinse and sort lentils, discarding any debris or blemished lentils.
- Combine lentils and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Let stand for 1 hour, covered. Drain and rinse lentils.
- Using a medium saucepan cook rice according to package directions.
- In a medium stock pot add lentils, cooked rice, vegetable broth, frozen mixed vegetables, milk and American cheese. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes. Garnish as desired.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 326 calories; 10.7 40.9 17.5 33 621 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
The soup was OK. Maybe would have been better with fresh veggies opposed to frozen. Don't think I'll make it again.
Have used this same recipe from a slow cooker cook book, but it calls for long grain/wild rice blend with spice packet. Try chicken broth instead of veggie and carrots/celery/onions instead of m...
not too bad really bland if you dont spice it up. Its really thick too. Youll want to put fresh cheese on the top after so it has more flavor AND use fresh veggies which makes it taste so much m...
just tried this tonight....really bland.... definitely needs some spicing up to taste decent..... and an hour for the lentils is a bit much... i found half an hour sufficient. great idea though!...