- Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onion, carrot, celery, pepper, apple, and chicken. Cook until browned.
- Stir in flour, curry powder, mace, cloves, parsley, and tomatoes. Cover, and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Take chicken out, set aside, and strain vegetables from broth. Return chicken to pot.
- Using a food mill, puree vegetables. Return to soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add rice and boiling white stock. Serve.
Per Serving: 231 calories; 9.4 22.1 14.1 42 257 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Before trying this recipe, I'd never had Mulligatawny soup and wasn't sure what to expect. I was a bit apprehensive when I saw how thick the mixture got after adding the flour but later realize...
I'd never made this kind of soup before either, but it is now my new favorite! I had to make a few changes: didn't have any mace, so left it out; used chicken broth instead of beef broth; added ...
Awesome! I used margarine ;-) (please excuse, watching the cholesterol) and substituted egg whites for chicken which I added in the end. Excellent taste!
Made this for a party recently and I couldn't believe how everyone raved about it! Making it again tonight, but this time with veg stock instead of beef. This is an absolutely perfect soup!!!
The soup tastes great, but this recipe is frustrating. Next time, I won't be chopping the chicken up until I puree the veggies. This time, everything got put into the magic bullet together becau...
Really delicious. I couldn't find mace at the market and used chicken stock instead. Had this with a grilled cheese sandwich on pita bread and had a yummy dinner
Loved this soup!! Made according to recipe except the mace. (I couldn't find mace in my local stores.) Instead of mace I added 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger. Next time I would not cut the chicke...