Duck Soup (Czarnina)
BARB VAN ARKEL
- Cover whole duck with water in large stock pot. Add salt, and bring to a boil. Skim off foam.
- Place celery, parsley, allspice, and cloves in a cheese cloth bag, and add to stock pot. Cover and cook over low heat until meat is tender, approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove cheese cloth bag from stock pot. Remove duck. Discard bones, cut up meat, and return to the broth.
- Mix in prunes, raisins and apple. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat flour and sugar into cream until smooth. Beat in duck blood gradually. Add 1/2 cup hot soup stock to blood mixture, blending thoroughly. Pour mixture slowly back into stock pot, stirring constantly until soup comes to a boil. Season to taste with salt, pepper, lemon juice and vinegar.
Per Serving: 712 calories; 45.7 32.8 43 157 597 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was one of and still is my favorite soup. A lot of people think because it has duck blood in it that it is gross. But honestly, it is the best soup in the world! The best way to explain the...
Mother's is always best, right? So I agree with most ingredients except the heavy cream. It's just too heavy and too risky for a fruity soup with vinegar and lemon flavors! Also, I put in oni...
My grandmother mades this with pears instead of apples. And where would I find ducks blood? It has been a long time since i have had this soup, and my grandmother is gone now so I have no idea h...
I have made a similar recipe but never with any dairy. I can not purchase duck's blood. I found a German recipe that is similar and uses port wine. I've made it this way several times and was...