Colomb Family Tourtiere
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 722
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a 9 inch pie plate with one of the prepared crust, reserving the second crust. Refrigerate both until needed.
- Place the ground pork, onion, sage, salt, and water in a large pan. Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching, for 2 hours.
- Drain off any cooking liquid remaining in the pan. Spoon the pork mixture into the prepared pie crust. Top with the second pie crust, trim as needed, and crimp edges to seal. Pierce the crust in a few places with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve hot.
- Cook's Note:
- To make the pie ahead to freeze, shorten the baking time to 25 minutes. Cool the pie, and place in a large, resealable plastic bag. When ready to finish baking, first thaw the pie for at least 3 hours. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 722 calories; 48.8 24.6 43.5 147 1241 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
one of the better Tourtieres ......but a homemade crust is much, much better because the ready made ones taste too sweet for this sort of pie.
This recipe made a very tasty pie, and easy to make, however, I found the resulting filling to be very loose. I might add a bit more broth (rather than water) next time. I made my own pastry i...