Ingredients40 m servings 200
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; stir-fry about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, vegetable stock, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir together vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, cornstarch, water, and sesame oil in a small bowl until smooth. Add to soup with fresh snow peas; cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Add tofu and water chestnuts. Gently heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- This is a very versatile soup--I have substituted thinly sliced bamboo shoots for the water chestnuts and used green snap peas for the snow peas.
- You can use frozen snow peas instead of fresh--add them with tofu.
Per Serving: 200 calories; 11.5 14.7 12.4 0 575 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I LOVED THIS RECIPE ALTHOUGH NO ONE IN MY FAMILY WAS NOT CRAZY ABOUT IT, THEY ARE NOT FANS OF EASTR INDIAN FOOD. i FOUND THAT i PREFERED THIS SOUP A LITTLE SMOOTHER AND I PUREED IT IN THE BLEND...
Turned out pretty good! But I did nix the peas and substituted it w/ mushrooms... learned couple cooking lessons there... oy. Just had to add more liquid ingredients to make up for the mushrooms...
A tasty quick and nutritional soup. I really liked the thickness added by the cornstarch. I added a little chili garlic sauce to crank up the heat a notch. Next time I'm chopping some garlic ...
Very good! And I don't like tofu! Well, at least I THOUGHT I didn't! I loved, loved, loved the snow peas, but the winner here was the broth! I am a huge fan of Pho noodle soup. I'll be trading o...