Ingredientsservings 410 cals
- Steam the artichokes in 2 cups water until tender (about 45 minutes) and reserve the liquid afterwards. Allow the artichokes to cool.
- Scrape the flesh from the bottom third of each leaf and place in medium soup pot along with the artichoke liquid.
- Remove fuzzy choke from each artichoke bottom and discard.
- Coarsely dice the artichoke bottoms and place in the soup pot. Next add chicken stock, vermouth, potato, carrot, onion, celery, garlic, bay leaves, and marjoram. Simmer until the vegetables are very tender and the liquid is reduced by 1/3, about 45 minutes.
- Next puree the soup in a blender and return to the pot.
- Add the cream and the cheese and heat through but don't boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with croutons on top.
Per Serving: 410 calories; 24.6 g fat; 33.8 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 92 mg cholesterol; 735 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 19
This recipe was great. I used frozen artichoke hearts and just chopped them up. To save time, I sauted the veggies in some olive oil to get them going. My husband even gobbled this up and if ...
OK, this is a fairly labor intensive recipe. But let's face it, artichokes always take a bit of effort. Even eating them plain. But this recipe is delicious. Served it to friends and they c...
Life it too short - I used canned artichoke hearts, using just the bottoms and Land O Lakes fat free 1/2 & 1/2 to cut down on the fat. Yummy
I used frozen artichoke hearts too and the soup turned out great I did add alittle more cheese at the end.
sooooo good. I didn't have vermouth so I used a dry white wine. I also used two cans of artichokes. I used canned veggie broth and made the soup pretty salty without addding any salt.Thanks for ...
Even though it took a while to make the soup, the out come was well worth the effort. EXCELLENT RECIPE!!
I really enjoyed this soup and I'll definitely make it again. It was even better warmed up the next day! Thanks.
This was a very nice soup... but of course I made my own little changes..partially because I wanted the changes...and partially because I made a mistake! I added a lot more cheese than it asks f...