Sweet Potato-Cashew Bake
Ingredients1 h servings 236 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until a fork easily pierces the potatoes, about 10 minutes. Drain, and cool.
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl. Stir in the cashews.
- Arrange half the sweet potatoes over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with half the brown sugar mixture. Top with half the butter pieces. Repeat with a second layer of sweet potatoes, brown sugar mixture, and remaining butter pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are glazed with the brown sugar mixture, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle mini marshmallows over the top, and return to the oven to bake until browned, about 5 minutes more.
Per Serving: 236 calories; 6.6 g fat; 42.7 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 10 mg cholesterol; 235 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I absolutely love this recipe. I am surprised more people haven't raved about it. Last year was the first thanksgiving I cooked and this recipe was a peace maker. I love yams with brown sugar...
Hi all! This is my recipe. I'm so pleased that others have enjoyed this recipe as much as we do! When I want to start this recipe a day ahead, I just rinse off the whole sweet potatoes, put i...
This is the recipe I will use from now on..the flavor was excellent and just what I was looking for. Since I was looking for a quick side, I sped things up. I used a 40 oz can of cut yams (dra...
I have made this every year since I found it, and everyone absolutely LOVES it! My brother gets excited when I say Im going to make it :)
I made this when my mom requested I bring a sweet potato dish to Thanksgiving, and it turned out to be my favorite thing on the table. I searched for hours until I decided on this recipe: I want...
Five stars without the marshmallow from the non marshamallow camp. Five stars from the Marshmallow camp. (I made two separate pans) That should be a ten! Really good recipe and not overly sweet ...
This is such a delicious part of Thanksgiving for us. I don't change anything in the recipe. It's great just how it is.
OMG this is so good. I didn't use the salt or the nuts due to diet restrictions and allergies. And I mashed the potatoes . But it was so good it was the talk of Thanksgiving. 11/26/15