Ultimate Cornbread Stuffing
Ingredients2 h servings 452
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a small square baking dish or spray it with cooking spray.
- Mix together the muffin mix, cream, eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla, and poppy seeds to make a batter.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and the top springs back when pressed lightly, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely; cut into small squares and transfer to a bowl.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Add the peppers and onions to the skillet; cook and stir until the vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and add to bowl with cornbread squares; season with marjoram, pour in the chicken broth; mix. Spoon mixture into the prepared baking dish; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until heated through, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 452 calories; 24.9 49.2 8.5 97 818 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Hi everyone, I have since modified this recipe. I follow the same directions except I now add 2-3 cups of seasoned bread stuffing, 2 stalks of chopped celery, 1/2 lb of Italian sausage, and 2 gr...
I love this recipe. I used red peppers instead of green, and white onion instead of red cause that's what I had on hand. I also added sliced celery. I used turkey bacon vs. regular bacon. And I ...