Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 878
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, and cook until potatoes can be pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Drain, and set aside to cool.
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Lightly grease 9x13 inch baking dish. Slice corn muffins into 1/2 inch rounds, trimming away tops and bottoms. Reserve trimmed pieces. Arrange corn muffin slices over the bottom of prepared baking dish. Place muffins under preheated broiler until toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Mix the canned mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, butter, and 1 cup coconut milk together in a bowl until smooth. Stir in 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the remaining coconut milk, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt until smooth.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on a clean surface. Place 1/2 can of almond paste on the wrap, cover with another sheet of plastic wrap, and roll out the almond paste into a thin sheet, about 1/8 inch thick. Use fingers, or patch pieces of almond paste to shape the sheet into the size of baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Assemble the casserole by pouring the egg mixture over the corn muffins in the prepared baking dish. Cover with the sheet of almond paste, trimming to fit the dish. Alternating colors, place a layer of sweet potatoes over the almond sheet. Spoon or brush 1/3 of the brown sugar mixture over the sweet potatoes. Repeat, arranging two more layers of sweet potatoes, ending with 1/3 of the brown sugar mixture. Set aside any extra sweet potatoes for another use.
- Bake casserole in preheated oven 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle reserved corn muffin trimmings and marshmallows over the top. Return to oven, and bake until top is browned, about 20 minutes more. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 878 calories; 32.4 138.2 12.6 98 538 Full nutrition