Ingredients30 m servings
- Cook rice as directed on package, using 1-1/4 cups of the broth and 1/2 cup water.
- Meanwhile, mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan on plate. Rinse chicken with cold water; gently shake off excess. Dip chicken in crumb mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each breast. Discard any remaining crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 min. on each side or until done (165 degrees F). Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm. Add remaining broth and cream cheese to skillet; bring just to boil, stirring constantly. Cook 3 min. or until thickened, stirring frequently; spoon over chicken. Serve with rice and asparagus.
- Variation: Prepare as directed, using PHILADELPHIA 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese and stirring in 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives along with the cream cheese spread.
- Substitute: Substitute 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen green beans, cooked and drained, for the asparagus.
- Storing Asparagus: To store asparagus, stand fresh spears upright in a container filled with about 1 inch of water. Cover loosely with a plastic bag and refrigerate. Or, store in refrigerator with a damp paper towel wrapped around base of stalks and cover loosely with a plastic bag. Asparagus is best when cooked the day it is purchased, but will keep up to 3 or 4 days. Wash just before using.
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I have made a parmesan chicken for many years, this was a very very good recipe and an easy sauce (something I never thought to add before). Family of 8 loved this and have already begged for ...
This chicken turned out AWESOME. My boyfriend loved it, I loved it. I didnt' end up making the sauce though. But really the chicken didn't even need it. I served it w/homemade 5 cheese mac & che...
For taste, 5 out of 5 for sure! I'm not a great cook [yet, haha] so the directions were a bit ambiguous for me. I like recipes to hold my hand. :) I also noticed that when I flipped the chicken...
Ate this up! The sauce is so easy and makes it divine. How can it be bad with cream cheese?