Ingredients5 h 30 m servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300 degrees F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix wafer crumbs, 1 Tbsp. of the sugar and the butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, flour and milk in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in dry pudding mixes until well blended.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Meanwhile, prepare chocolate curls from white chocolate. (See Tip). Remove rim of pan when ready to serve. Top cheesecake with whipped topping and chocolate curls just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
- How to Make Chocolate Curls
- Melt chocolate as directed on package. Spread with spatula into very thin layer on baking sheet. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until firm but still pliable. To make curls, push a metal spatula firmly along the baking sheet, under the chocolate, so the chocolate curls as it is pushed. (If chocolate is too firm to curl, let stand a few minutes at room temperature; refrigerate again if it becomes too soft.) Use toothpick to carefully place chocolate curls on wax paper-covered tray. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until firm. Use toothpick to arrange curls on dessert.
- Enjoy a serving of this indulgent cheesecake on special occasions.
- Variation - Dulce Du Leche Cheesecake
- Prepare as directed, omitting whipped topping and strawberries and using JELL-O Butterscotch Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling. Top with 1/4 cup toasted chopped PLANTERS Pecans and 1/4 cup KRAFT Caramel Topping just before serving.
- Prepare as directed, using regular COOL WHIP Whipped Topping.
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Very good. Loved the lemony flavor. I added tsp. of lemon zest and juice from one lemon. I also used traditional graham cracker crust.
I made this cheesecake for Easter and everyone loved it! The lemon was just the right touch to make it a really wonderful, "Springy" dessert! I didn't have to change a thing, in the recipe.
This is a great cheesecake! The batter comes out very thick (unusual for a cheesecake) and I was nervous, but it baked up beautifully (used a water bath). I did not make the topping (no one se...
This cheesecake is FANTASTIC! I don't top it with the Cool Whip, though. I serve it with either frozen raspberries or frozen strawberries in syrup. Everyone really enjoys this! :)
Absolutely divine! I made this a few years ago at Easter and came back to this recipe last week. My family loved this when I served it at a BBQ, but after it sat two days in the refridgerator it...
Made this for a church supper and everyone loved it. It was light and very lemmony. Would recommend it. Don't change a thing.
I made this over the weekend for a party we were having and it was delicious!! I did make a few changes. I spread lemon pie filling over the top and put the cool whip around the edge. Instead ...
Very easy and very good. The only thing I did not care for was the texture the pudding gives the cheesecake. I thought it more of a ricotta cheese texture, but great flavor.