Made Me Love Pumpkin Cake
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 418
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour the milk into a small bowl, and stir in the vinegar. Set aside.
- Mix the flour together with rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a bowl.
- Beat the white sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, butter, milk mixture, and vanilla together in a mixing bowl until smooth and well blended. Add the pumpkin and beat again until smooth. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until evenly blended. Mix in the walnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Meanwhile, mix the frosting with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl. When the cake is completely cool, spread over the top.
Per Serving: 418 calories; 21.7 54.5 3.1 8 269 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 20
This cake was the best ever!! no one touched the pumpkin pie!
I used 1 cup honey instead of sugars, 1/2 cup extra pumpkin instead of butter, and doubled the spices. It rose beautifully, was moist, well-spiced, and gone in 5 minutes! Thank you for a recipe ...
I made this on my mom's request for her birthday. It was good b/c it has no egg in it which 3 people in my family are allergic to. The cake rised really good at least doubled in size. And was ...
Very tasty! I skipped the frosting and served this with whipped cream. This cake is moist and full of flavor. My cake was done baking at 35 minutes.
Very Easy to make! I omitted the oats and the walnuts and added 3 chopped Hershey bars to the batter, instead!
Really good. I used applesauce instead of oil. Very moist. I think I will increase the spices next time though as the cake lacked depth in its flavor. But that didn't stop me from eating the who...
I made this recipe as stated but doubled all of the spices and added ground ginger. The cake turned out very moist and was very tasty. I made my own cream cheese frosting with 2 (8oz) packages o...