Ingredients17 h servings 432
- Place venison roast, ginger ale, chicken broth, 1 teaspoon cumin, pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low until the venison is tender enough to be pulled apart with a fork, about 10 hours. Drain meat, and shred.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place shredded pork into a large mixing bowl and mix with pork and beans, black beans, kidney beans, baked beans, tomatoes, green pepper, and onion. Pour in barbeque sauce, brown sugar, and molasses. Season with 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined, then pour into a deep 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Place bacon strips in a single layer over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until bacon has cooked and begins to crisp.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 432 calories; 8.5 64.4 26 69 1174 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This was very good! The only thing I did different was that I was running low on green pepper and subbed in some yellow and orange pepper instead, and I used venison stew chunks cooked on high ...
We really liked this! I did not add all of the cans of beans since I was only cooking for four people. I also omitted the molasses (I forgot to buy it) and didn't miss it. I served it over co...
My husband, who isn't that crazy about venison, LOVED this and ate about 5 servings! It was very good! I followed the recipe exactly, except for adding some garlic powder. I was a little nervo...
The only substitution I made was to use Elk Steak instead of Venison. It was Amazing! My whole family loved it! The only thing I noticed was I had to cook it about 15 minutes longer than the rec...
I didn't have cumin and I substituted for chili tomatoes it was so yummy! I also use a half lb of bacon chopped and mixed in!
We enjoyed this recipe. I made it as a meal but I think it is more suited as a hearty side dish than a meal.