Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 548 cals
- Dredge meat lightly with flour. In a large skillet, heat half the oil over medium-high heat. Cook meat in batches, adding more oil as needed, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a large ovenproof casserole.
- Drain most of the oil from skillet. Saute garlic and thyme for 1 to 2 minutes, or until garlic is softened. Pour in tomatoes, stock, and vinegar, stirring to scrape up brown bits and mashing tomatoes with fork. Bring to boil, then pour over meat. Add orange juice, bay leaves, orange rind, and pepper. Cover casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
- Stir in carrots, mushrooms, and onions. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove casserole from the oven, and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove bay leaves and orange rinds. Serve.
Per Serving: 548 calories; 32.7 g fat; 32.3 g carbohydrates; 32.5 g protein; 107 mg cholesterol; 889 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I have made this stew twice now, and both times it was a hit! The first time I made it we had surprise company and I was nervous about serving something I had never made before, but NO PROBLEM! ...
A keeper! The orange juice seemed odd at first but really gave a lot of depth to this stew! I did not make it with the pasta because the potatoes are enough starch for me. I would half the red w...
This recipe is quite good, given a few of the ingredients may seem odd in a stew. I halved the servings. I also had to change or adjust ingredients based on what I had on hand and for taste. I s...
This was one of the best stews I have ever made! The orange juice and find added so much flavour. Delicious!
I made this stew for the first time and I was impressed with the overall results. Granted, I omitted the thyme (its too earthy) and substituted dried cilantro instead. Although, I look forward...