Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 1138 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Dredge the chicken in flour and salt and pepper. In a large skillet, fry the chicken in 1/4 cup olive oil until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown chorizo sausage. Set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and fry onion and garlic until onions are tender. Add chopped tomatoes and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add rice to the skillet and mix well. This glazes the rice.
- Put rice mixture, chicken, and sausage in large covered casserole dish. Add can of clams, peas, saffron, chicken broth and shrimp. Cover casserole dish.
- Bake until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. You may need to add more broth if rice is not done.
- Arrange clams and mussels on top of rice and bake for another 10 minutes. Before serving, discard any clams that do not open.
Per Serving: 1138 calories; 45.4 g fat; 96.5 g carbohydrates; 79.9 g protein; 268 mg cholesterol; 1220 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
AAbsolutely superb. I added scallops, mussels and more clams to the recipe. It was an instant hit!
Served this recipe to a monthly dinner group and it was a hit! Recipe was easy to follow. Be prepared, this makes a good hearty serving and filled up a casserole dish easily to the top.I substit...
This was good but a bit dry. Next time I will increase the brooth and add more chicken and sausage.
My sister made this...she used scallops instead of clams, yellow instead of white rice, omitted the saffron and used about 4 1/2 cups instead of 5 cups broth...it was PERFECT...now I can't wait ...
It was sooo easy. I was a little more generous with the saffron because I love it so much. Even my kids ate this all up with-out a single complaint about there being rice in it! They usually c...
I really liked it, though, it was hard getting the rice, just right in the oven, mine was still too firm after more than an hour of cooking. I'll definitely try it again and see if I can get it ...
To save on cooking time in the oven and make sure rice gets cooked through, i cooked the basmati rice in a rice cooker first. I added about 1 cup of the broth to the rice mixture. I also used 1 ...
I made this in the dutch oven while camping - all in one pot. I doubled the shrimp and added a little cayenne (I used mild chorizo). It was delicious! It serves way more than six though. I f...