Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 301
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large pot of salted water, boil squash and onions until tender.
- In a saucepan, combine butter or margarine and cream; stir constantly over a low heat. Mix in cheese, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Stir until sauce thickens.
- Place squash and onions in a 2-quart baking dish. Mix in shrimp and cheese sauce. Sprinkle casserole with cracker crumbs.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot.
Per Serving: 301 calories; 23.2 12.6 12 101 597 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Excellent! I used milk instead of cream, and grated cheddar instead of American, and saltines rather than Ritz crackers, and it was really good. Try adding more milk to create a salsa and pour ...
Very good and a extremely nice change from the same old same old. I used larger shrimp and just chopped them into small bite size pieces (just b/c I prefer the taste and texture). Turned out g...
If you're tired of fixing the same old recipes, here is something different! I thought it was a little unusual but my husband and daughter loved it. I did add some mushrooms and covered it with...
Really really great! one of my fav holiday sides now! Got rave reviews (except for the vegetarian that didnt realize there were shrimp in there)
This is delicious! Can be served as a main dish or side. My husband went back for a third helping! Directions don't say to drain the squash before putting it in the casserole dish, but you sh...
Excellent way to prepare squash. The cheese sauce is out of this world. I did add finely chopped banana pepper for a touch of sweet heat. Yum!