Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 367 cals
- In a pot of lightly salted water, boil the mussels until they open. Drain, and discard unopened mussels. In a separate pot of lightly salted water, boil the prawns and squid until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Place chicken pieces in the skillet, fry them until they are golden brown. Remove the chicken pieces from the skillet and set aside.
- Place garlic, peppers and tomato cubes into the skillet that the chicken was just removed from. Fry the vegetables until they soften.
- Bring the fish stock and 3 cups salted water to a boil and mix in 3 cups rice, saffron and paprika. Bring to a boil again. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 50 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir the peas into the rice. Pour the rice mixture into a large serving dish. Arrange the fried vegetables, chicken, shellfish and prawns around the rice. Serve hot.
Per Serving: 367 calories; 6.2 g fat; 52 g carbohydrates; 23.3 g protein; 72 mg cholesterol; 84 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I replaced 1/2 cup water with white wine and soaked the saffron in it before adding (I learned this from a Spanish friend)-terrific!
I've made this a few times now, and learned one important lesson. Don't make this if you don't have the fresh tomatoes. The flavors did not come together without them. I recently made this wi...
yummy but the recipe 'Bring the fish stock and 3 cups salted water to a boil' doesnt say how much of the fish stock to use. so i just estimated and it came out a bit moist.