Ingredients4 h servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F if using a 9-in. silver springform pan (or to 325 degrees F if using a 9-in. dark nonstick springform pan.) Combine crumbs and butter. Press firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Chop 8 of the squares of chocolate; stir into batter. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around side of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely.
- Chop remaining 4 squares of chocolate. Bring cream to simmer in small saucepan on low heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate; stir until completely melted. Cool slightly. Pour over cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Remove side of pan before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
- Size It Up
- Enjoy a serving of this decadent dessert on special occasions.
- How To Soften Cream Cheese
- Place completely unwrapped packages of cream cheese in microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until slightly softened.
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This recipe is the BOMB! I have been making it for a few years now. It bakes perfectly everytime. I do prefer to use chocolate chips over chopping up the chocolate for the inside and the glaze. ...
This cheesecake was the first one that I have ever made. It was easy and it was so good. If you like chocolate, you will LOVE this cheesecake!
I am a chocolate lover/dessert lover and this was way too rich for me. I baked it 50 minutes. When I cut it 6 hours later the center and most of the edges were "soupy." I recommend substituti...