Ingredients4 h 15 m servings
- Place cake layers, top sides up, in 2 clean 9-inch round cake pans. Pierce layers with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Stir 1 cup of the boiling water into each flavor of dry gelatin mix in separate bowls at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Carefully pour red gelatin over 1 cake layer and lime gelatin over second cake layer. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Dip 1 cake pan in warm water 10 seconds; unmold onto serving plate. Spread with about 1 cup of the whipped topping. Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer. Frost top and side of cake with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Decorate with fresh raspberries, if desired. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
- Prepare as directed, using COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
- Storage Know-How
- Store cakes frosted with COOL WHIP Whipped Topping in the refrigerator.
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
This is also an old family tradition, we call it Jello cake. My personal favorite combo is lemon cake, lime jello, and some lemon pudding mixed in with the whipped cream to top it off. Yum yum, ...
My mom used to make this for us all the time. She wouldn't make a double layer though, just one layer in a 13 x 9 dish. Or she would make "Purple Poke Cake" with a blackberry jello, etc. You ca...
We always called this "Jello Cake." And we used different colors for different holidays. Fourth of July, we'd use red and blue jello, and then on top of the whip cream we'd put fresh cut straw...
This is a blast from my past... My Mom used to make this Jello cake for each of us on our birthday. My brother and I were just talking about this a couple of weeks ago. It was something we alw...
We used to have what we called "Jello Cake" at school. it was one of the only things the school made everyone liked! I ended up telling my mom about it and we made some at our house. Very delici...
My family has always enjoyed this cake as anytime - though we usually just keep both layers strawberry or cherry JELL-O. We've always called it Bleeding Cake. It was actually my wedding cake! It...
This is an old family favorite. We make this every holiday and just change up the colors. Cherry and Blue Raspberry with the whip topping makes a beautiful 4th of July cake, Orange and Lime for ...