- Sift together flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar into mixing bowl. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal. Combine water, vinegar and 1 egg; add liquid one tablespoon at a time, sprinkling over flour mixture and tossing with a fork to form soft dough. Shape into three discs. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 3 to 24 hours. Extra pastry may be frozen for later use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with pastry. Brush inside of unbaked pie shell with slightly beaten egg white.
- Mix 3/4 cup sugar, syrups, vanilla and salt with 4 beaten eggs until blended. Stir in pecans and melted butter. Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven and brush hot pie top with maple syrup. Cool and store in refrigerator.
Per Serving: 890 calories; 50.3 103.8 10.9 137 516 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
One of the best pie recipes I've tried. I chose to brush the syrup on generously after the pie came from the oven. It gets even better after resting in the fridge for a day.
a nice pie - not my favorite pecan pie recipe, however. I prefer a more traditional pie, perhaps. Easy to make, though, and a hit with the family. Lots and lots and lots of syrup goes into th...
I don't make pie crusts, but this filling is the best pecan pie filling I or my family has ever tasted. It has become a family tradition at the holidays!
I used pre-made pie shells and skipped to the pie-making section. The insides seemed to make 1.5 pies, so I put enough into one pie, going heavier on the pecans. Then, with the remaining syrup...
I made this pie for my husband and he loved it. I didn't think the kids would like it because of the pecans--I was wrong. They wanted a second piece!
This is fabulous. I made this before Thanksgiving as a test run. I make it according to the written recipe and double it. I use deep dish pie crusts (pre-made). It goes like wildfire. My first s...
add a scoup of maple pecan ice cream to warm pie and it will be a heavenly experience.
I loved the flavor of this pie, but it ended up being a little too much liquid in the center. Maybe I didn't bake it long enough.