Toffee Chiffon Pie
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 50 m servings 386 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Sprinkle gelatin over water and set aside for 5 minutes to soften.
- Combine milk, salt, and 4 tablespoons sugar (reserve remaining sugar). Stir until dissolved. Whisk in beaten egg yolks, and heat custard in a double boiler until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Stir in vanilla and toffee chunks.
- In a clean bowl, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form, adding the remainder of the sugar. Fold into custard.
- Pour filling into pie shell. Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle top with toffee bits before serving.
Per Serving: 386 calories; 20.1 g fat; 45.7 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 79 mg cholesterol; 377 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1