Italian Pork Pie
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 688
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Roll out dough to fit a 9-inch pie plate.
- Place ground pork, rosemary, bread crumbs, parsley, and onion in a medium-size bowl; mix until well blended. Remove casings from sausage, and crumble into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese into the bottom of pie shell. Spread pork mixture on top of cheese, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Place top crust over filling, and crimp the edges together. Cut vents in top crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake until crust is golden brown, about 35 to 40 minutes more. Cover edges of crust with foil if they begin to get too brown.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 688 calories; 48.3 32.5 29.1 103 1076 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is a tricky one to review. For a start, I used only one pound of pork and 6oz of spicy brats, and there was more than enough meat for 2 pies. I knew there wouldn't be enough seasoning for o...