Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 404
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Roll out half of the pastry and line one 9 inch pie plate. Place the crackers in the prepared crust.
- In a saucepan, over high heat, bring water, sugar and cream of tartar to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and rind then let cool.
- Pour syrup over the crackers. Dot top with butter or margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll out remaining pastry and place over pie. Trim, seal and flute edges. Slit top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden. Let pie cool completely before serving.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 14 69 2.2 8 260 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
A recipe similar to this appeared in the Kraft "Food and Family" magazine where I had originally tried it. This is a REALLY good recipe especially if you like lemon. One error I find in this rec...
Great pie! Hubby and I have hit some hard times and this pie sure is cheaper than an apple pie. Great taste! He sure was fooled! I sprinkled cinnamon between layers of crakers. Sprinkled so...
If you didn't know it was made from crackers instead of apples; you wouldn't know the difference.
I chose to make this particular recipe because I liked how you layer the crackers in the bottom instead of adding them to the boiling water mixture like others do. This really made an Apple like...
This tasted just like an apple pie. Mr children would not believe me when I told them there was no apples in it.