Vinegar Pie V
"Old vinegar pie recipe."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 234
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Separate the eggs and beat the whites until soft peaks form, beat in 3 tablespoons of the sugar and continue beating the whites until glossy.
- In the top half of a double boiler; beat the egg yolks until thick. Beat in 1 cup of the sugar, the flour, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Add the boiling water slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in the vinegar.
- Cook egg yolk mixture over hot water until mixture is thick and smooth. Stir in the salt and the lemon juice. Pour the batter into one 9 inch baked pie shell. Cover top of pie with meringue.
- Bake at 325 degrees (165 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 234 calories; 7.1 39.9 3.4 70 227 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2