- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and the peanut butter blend until thoroughly combined and light. Spread 3/4 of this mixture across the bottom of the baked pie shell.
- Combine cornstarch, 2/3 cup white sugar, salt and scalded milk. Mix well. Pour a small amount of the milk mixture over the egg yolks. Mix, then add the egg yolk mixture to the scaled milk mixture. In a saucepan over medium heat cook the egg yolk mixture until it thickens. Add the butter and the vanilla. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly then pour into the baked pie shell.
- Beat egg whites into soft peaks add 1/2 cup of the white sugar and continue beating until glossy and stiff. Spread meringue over top of pie. Sprinkle with the remaining peanut butter and confectioners' sugar mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until meringue is lightly browned. Allow pie to cool before serving.
Per Serving: 444 calories; 19 61.9 9.1 89 318 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
The recipe I have is a little different, mine calling for 4 egg yokes, but I added 1/4 cup peanut butter to the custard after it was cooked to give it more of a peanut butter taste. It was deli...
Update: MY FIL loved the first piece but said the second was too much. This makes a VERY rich pie. In addition to the pie crust, there is a layer of sugar and peanut butter, then a layer of vani...
This is an excellent pie for peanut butter lovers but I'll agree with the other reviewers that it is very rich. I love that you make your own custard in this versus a store bought pudding. I a...
This pie didn't look like a peanut butter pie, but it tasted awesome. My family loved it. Followed the directions exactly as written. Very rich taste.
This is the best. Much better than the cream cheese based peanut butter pie. My mother's been making this for years and now my children love it, as well. When made with quality, natural, and ...
This pie is absolutely delicious. I make it every Thanksgiving and Christmas. My husband won't let either holiday pass without one, and guests always rave! It's more work than some of the oth...
Absolutely. Best. Dessert. On. The. Planet!!! I love this!! The version I have calls for cool whip rather than meringue (yuck) - it's great!