Italian Pizza Pie
"This is a recipe that's been in my family for at least 50 years!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 682 cals
Original recipe yields 15 servings (1 - 12 x 15 inch baking pan)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Combine 4 cups flour with 1 cup shortening. Add in 2 eggs and 1/2 cup cold water to make the crust. Separate dough into 2 portions, one for top and one for bottom. Roll bottom crust and place in the bottom of a 12x15 inch baking pan.
- When you buy the cold cuts you will buy them in chunk form. Dice each chunk into small pieces. Meanwhile cook pasta until almost done.
- When you're through cutting the cold cuts place them in a large mixing bowl. Place the cooled pasta on top. In a separate bowl beat 12 eggs. Add a little pepper to taste. Pour the eggs on top of cold cut mixture. Mix ingredients with your hands or a large spoon if you prefer.
- Place in the prepared bottom crust. Roll out the top crust and make 3 slits for air in the top. Place on top and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour. ENJOY!
Per Serving: 682 calories; 41 g fat; 49.3 g carbohydrates; 27.5 g protein; 231 mg cholesterol; 1005 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
As the previous reviewer noted, this is Very Dry, But, that is how it is intended to be. I have a similiar version of this recipe that has been handed down Many generations of my Husband's famil...