Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the water, egg and vinegar; stir into flour mixture until a ball forms.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out one portion on a lightly floured surface; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge.
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, apples, pineapple, honey and lemon juice. Combine sugar and flour; add to rhubarb mixture. Pour into crust. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1-1/4 hours or until the pastry is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- If using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
ReviewsRead all reviews 1