Ingredientsservings 406 cals
- Steam the spinach until just wilted.
- In a medium skillet heat the oil until hot and saute the onions and mushrooms. Stir together with the spinach.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs well. Stir in the ricotta, feta, and basil.
- Butter a deep dish pie pan. Place a sheet of phyllo on the bottom of the pan, and brush melted butter over the sheet. Repeat until there are 5 or 6 sheets in the pan. Spread the ricotta mixture over the phyllo. Layer 5 or 6 more sheets of filo brushed with butter on top of the cheese. Spread spinach mixture over the phyllo. Top the pie with 5 or 6 more sheets of phyllo brushed with butter. Trim dough to the edge of the pie dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour, or until pie is golden brown.
Per Serving: 406 calories; 27.5 g fat; 30.3 g carbohydrates; 11.7 g protein; 96 mg cholesterol; 683 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
We liked this recipe a lot - it was tasty and had a beautiful presentation. However, the nutmeg was a bit overpowering and we will omit it next time.
Definitely needs additional spices! I also wish that it had been more mixed, instead of all the cheese and then all spinach, but that could just be me. If you're looking for a baking dish - th...
I thought this was a little bland- will add more basil and parmesan next time.
Very very good... but I have a couple of concerns with the recipe. There was no way this amount of spinach and cheese would fit into a deep dish pie plate. I figured that ahead of time (thank ...
Very good. I used grape tomatoes b/c I couldn't find any good looking spinach, you could use any veggies you like and it would turn out fabulous. I only baked for 45 min and it was done.
MY HUSBAND LIKE THIS DISH VERY MUCH. I THINK NEXT TIME I MAKE IT I WILL NOT USE THE FILLO PASTRY. I WOULD TRY SOME OTHER CRUST. IT HAD A VERY GOOD FILLING.