Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 288 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch tart)
- Place oven rack on highest level. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Set prebaked tart shell on a baking sheet (see Editor's Note).
- Chop the clams finely, and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid. Beat the eggs well, and add clam liquid, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth, and stir in the clams.
- Fry the bacon over moderate heat until crisp, and then remove from pan and set aside. Leave about half a tablespoon of bacon grease in the pan, and add onion. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. clam mixture. Crumble the bacon into mixture, then pour into mixture into pastry shell.
- Crumble the bacon into the tart shell; add onion. Carefully pour custard into shell and transfer to preheated oven.
- Bake on the top rack until center is set, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
- Editor's Note:
- To blind-bake a tart shell, follow these tips in our advice article.
Per Serving: 288 calories; 22.5 g fat; 12.7 g carbohydrates; 8.7 g protein; 127 mg cholesterol; 438 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1