Ingredients45 m servings
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil and sugar; mix well. Combine whole wheat flour and salt; stir into yeast mixture until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with nonstick cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 12-in. pizza pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 425 degrees F for 6-8 minutes.
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer broccoli to a colander. Rinse with cold water; drain and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until mushrooms are tender. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with mushroom mixture, tomatoes, broccoli, basil and cheeses. Bake at 425 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 slice) equals 283 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Since I'm vegetarian & love mushrooms this was a perfect idea for pizza. Thanks Kathleen! I mixed my pizza sauce with some pesto, and blanched the broccoli instead of steaming it. Makes it kee...
I had broccoli on a pizza from a pizza joint a few days ago and I thought I'd try out my own recipe. I started making almost this exact recipe and it is amazing! For the sauce I put in the food ...