Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 477 cals
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lighty grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites and baking powder until soft peaks form. Add cream of tartar, beating constantly. Add 1 cup of the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until stiff peaks form.
- Break graham crackers into 1 inch pieces. Fold graham crackers and pecan halves into the whipped egg mixture. Spoon into pie plate.
- Bake pie for 30 minuntes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool the pie to room temperature on a wire cooling rack.
- In chilled small bowl using chilled beaters, beat cream just until it begins to thicken. Add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the vanilla to the cream, and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Do not overbeat. Place the flavored whipped cream on top of the cooled pie. Sprinkle pecans on the top, and refrigerate until served.
Per Serving: 477 calories; 28.2 g fat; 53.9 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 195 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Oh My Gosh, this pie was WONDERFUL! I made it, ate almost the whole thing, raved about it and then my mom called me to get the recipe so she could make it for a ladies meeting at church. Everyon...
This is my favorite pie. Its a pie that Lubys restaurant serves. This is the same recipe they use and Ive been going there for years just to eat this fabulous dessert.
I was looking at a link to the 5 star recipes page and seen this recipe. I thought the ingredients were kind of odd, but I liked that it had no crust. My nephew wanted to bake something when vis...
Crispy, Crunchy, Chewy, Yummy! I used p sugar with the w cream and whipped in the Magic Bullet.
Really, really good pie. I have made it 3x this week. I like it best topped with a vanilla mouse filling. I also put a little of the batter on a silpat next to the pie on a cookie sheet and the...
This is very good. I have never had anything quite like it before. I left out the pecans because of teeth issues and I baked it in a rectangular pan instead of a pie tin. Very very good and I...