Ingredients1 h servings
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add ham; heat through. Remove from heat. Stir in Swiss cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese until Swiss is melted; set aside. In a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook and stir egg substitute over medium heat until completely set. Stir into cheese mixture.
- For each strudel, place one sheet of phyllo dough on work surface with a short side facing you (keep remaining dough covered with waxed paper to avoid drying out). Coat dough with nonstick cooking spray; fold in half lengthwise. Coat with nonstick cooking spray; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons bread crumbs. Spread some egg mixture over bottom third of dough to within 3/4 in. of bottom and sides. Fold in sides. Roll up dough, starting at end with egg mixture.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Coat with nonstick cooking spray; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and filling is heated through (filling may expand and come out of dough during baking). Sprinkle each with parsley and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was tested with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.
- Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 218 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This is so good! I don't use the low fat stuff or egg substitute. I use about 6 eggs & scramble them like usual and then add the sauce. Makes about 6, we usually have leftovers which are only ok...
A hit, my friends loved it!!!! Delicious recipe, the only thing I did different was that I used cheddar instead of Swiss and skip the bread crumbs.
This was very good. I didn't make sauce, just made scrambled eggs (used real eggs) with ham, cheddar, and some creamy cheese. My phyllo sheets were smaller so I just layered two of them with o...
Just awesome. I made this for my inlays and they loved it! :)
This is awesome, made as written except with shredded colby, Monterrey jack as did not have Swiss.
Everyone raved about this! Used 6 eggs, scrambled. Made sauce with sauteed shallots and omitted the bread crumbs. I am supposed to make this again.