Ingredients4 h servings 699 cals
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then shred with two forks. Set aside 4 cups of shredded meat.
- In a medium pot with boiling salted water cook elbow macaroni until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the cooked chicken, drained vegetables, shredded lettuce, and mayonnaise. Add basil, pepper, salt, and garlic powder to taste.
- Add drained elbow macaroni to chicken mixture. Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Per Serving: 699 calories; 54.4 g fat; 21.7 g carbohydrates; 30.6 g protein; 91 mg cholesterol; 544 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
After a few changes this is a great "summer salad" to serve for dinner. First boil 2 lg chicken breasts until done in salted water. In same water cook the macaroni, during the last 2 minutes ad...
My family really likes this mac salad!! The only thing I do different is I use corn instead of the mixed veggies, due to my husbands preference. I have made this several times (family holidays, ...
l made this for our dinner. But l made a little change l didn't put only 1/2 cup of mayonise because we don't want lots of mayo and it turns out great. This is good one my husband like it. We ha...
Good recipe, however I changed a few things.. instead of mixed vegs, I added a bag of frozen peas, couple stalks of celery and green onions along with some choopped up cheddar cheese.. (just lik...
I am giving 5 stars because the salad was a pleasant surprise. Because it is the summer, I decided on fresh corn and edamame instead of using the canned veggies it called for. Also, I added lo...
I thought this recipe was good. My mom and enjoyed the Chicken Macaroni Salad. I plan on making it again.
mmmm! This was an excellent recipe! I used half as much mayonnaise and it still came out really good.
I sauted the chicken in garlic and dried basil then set aside. I follow the recipes then add one can of corn. I made this for my hubby lunch for one week and he didn't complain! :-)