- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook mostaccioli until al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl combine spaghetti sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, and cooked and drained pasta.
- In a separate bowls place cooked spinach and shredded mozzarella cheese. Reserve 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese for top.
- To assemble, in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish layer half of the noodle mixture, spinach, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F(175 degree C) oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese over top and bake until cheese melts.
Per Serving: 462 calories; 13.9 59.9 23.9 36 1028 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 46
This was a little bland for my taste. I probably need to make the sauce from scratch, or use a different jarred sauce with a little more flavor.
I love spinach, so therefore, this was a good recipe for me. My children like raw spinach, not cooked, so I did the OBVIOUS adding it to a 1/4 of the caserole dish (using 1/4 spinach called for...
Love anything with spinach, but this was a new and easier way to use it with Italian. I usually make a spinach lasagna, but this was way better and easier for my kids to eat.
This is a very good dish for entertaining. I used fresh spinach and ricotta cheese. I didn't really like the ricotta cheese added. I think next time I will add italian sausage or ground beef....
I substituted farfalle for the mostacciolli and made the spaghetti sauce from scratch using fresh tomatoes--which are in season. I also substituted fresh spinach rather than frozen. I served th...
This is yummy and very easy. Next time, I think I'll throw a little crushed red pepper in the sauce, just to give it a little kick. Maybe play around with different cheeses as suggested, or mayb...
This is a very quick and easy-to-prepare meal that just about everyone will enjoy-the spinach gives it a 'florentine' Italian flair. The only thing that I would modify in the recipe is to add le...
Simple and very good. Subbed fresh spinach for the frozen- made ahead and assembled, froze it and then baked for 1 hour 15 minutes on 375- covered. thanks Jo!