Ingredientsservings 405 cals
- In a large stock pot, cook the ground beef, ground pork, and chopped onions until browned. Drain grease well.
- Using the same stock pot, stir in the chopped mushrooms, whole tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano flakes, garlic cloves, bay leaves, dried basil, parsley flakes, salt and pepper to taste, and sugar. Simmer over low heat for one hour.
- In a large pot, cook lasagna noodles in boiling salted water until al dente. Rinse with cool water, and drain well.
- In a separate bowl, combine cottage or ricotta cheese, eggs, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Mix grated Colby and mozzarella cheeses together in a medium bowl.
- In each 13x9 inch casserole dish layer 1/2 cup meat sauce, then noodles, Parmesan-egg mixture, and grated Colby-mozzarella cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degree C) oven for one hour and 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 405 calories; 25.8 g fat; 13.5 g carbohydrates; 29.3 g protein; 115 mg cholesterol; 486 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Wonderful 'from scratch' lasagna. The sauce is very flavorful. My Italian fioncee loved it and it was a huge hit for a party I made it for. It even freezes well.
This recipe takes a little more time to prepare, but it is well worth it!!!! My family LOVED it.....!!! I used the "no cook" lasagna for this, and I think the cottage cheese and the colby che...
This is an excellent recipe. It makes quite a bit, so you can freeze it for those days that you don't feel like cooking!!