Ingredients55 m servings
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, yeast, salt and baking soda. In a saucepan, heat the yogurt, milk, water and 2 tablespoons butter to 120 degrees F-130 degrees F. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl coated with nonstick cooking spray; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Combine pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle evenly over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam.
- Line a baking sheet with foil; coat well with nonstick cooking spray. Place dough seam side down on prepared pan; pinch ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from the outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate strips slightly and twist. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Brush with egg white. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan to wire rack. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over warm ring.
- Nutritional Analysis: One piece equals 229 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This turned out really good. I made it for my dad because he loves the Entenmann's danish ring. I didn't use yogurt, i used sour cream because that is what I had. I also used regular milk. I wi...
This is the best yeast bread recipe that i have ever found. The yogurt helps it remain light and so delicious, and low in calorie. Sometimes i substitute dried cranberries or raisins for the ...