My Own Macaroni and Cheese
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 766 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In large pot, cook macaroni pasta in boiling salted water with a pinch of basil and one teaspoon of olive oil until al dente. Rinse with cool water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, use a blender to mash the whole peeled tomatoes. In a large bowl combine mashed tomatoes, 1 cup of the grated Cheddar cheese, chopped bacon and bell green pepper, bacon, and chopped carrots. Mix well. Add the cooked macaroni and toss well to coat evenly.
- Place in 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese and 2 teaspoons basil on top. Layer the sliced tomatoes over all.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 766 calories; 29 g fat; 94.9 g carbohydrates; 31.6 g protein; 69 mg cholesterol; 864 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Made this recipe and didn't really like it. I found the sauce didn't stick to the pasta which is what I generally like to see happen. I did add more bacon and more cheese. Don't think I'll be...