Ingredients15 m servings
- Sprinkle turkey with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; place in a microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. dish. Cover, venting one corner, and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Turn turkey; cover and microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until turkey is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, butter and remaining salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until thickened; stir until smooth. Serve with turkey.
- This recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
- Nutritional Analysis: One serving (4 ounces cooked turkey with 1/4 cup sauce) equals 189 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 1 fruit.
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
The orange sauce is DELICIOUS! I did add just the tiniest drop of vanilla extract to the sauce. It was good over the turkey, but I can't wait to try it over some orange roughy fillets. I think t...
I used this sauce to go over chicken and it was delicious. I omitted the brown sugar (as it is plenty sweet without it) and added some rosemary for more depth of flavor. Definitely a keeper an...
It is a good sauce, but like someone else has said, needs more depth of flavour. Some sort of seasoning could be added to it (not sure what).
very tasty and moist. although i decided to bake instead of microwave.