Peppery Peanut Brittle
Ingredients25 m servings
- Coat a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan and metal spatula with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a bowl, toss the peanuts, hot pepper sauce and allspice until evenly coated; set aside.
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe glass bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes; stir. Add peanut mixture; stir until blended.
- Heat on high 4-5 minutes longer or until mixture turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot). Stir in butter. Microwave 45 seconds longer. Quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla until mixture foams and becomes light-colored.
- Immediately pour mixture onto prepared pan and spread as thin as possible with prepared spatula. Cool. Bread into pieces.
- This recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Strangely interesting...I'm not sure this will be the xmas gift I hand out to everyone..It really doesn't taste different than regular brittle, it does though have a strange afterburn...I liked ...
This stuff in gone in minutes! Spicy, sweet, nutty goodness! Everyone is always surprised with the little kick of heat.
Very good recipe. I was looking for an alternative to regular peanut brittle, because my family thinks it is too sweet. this was very good, only change i would make is to add a wee bit more sauc...