Ingredients40 m servings
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sift flour and salt; set aside. Coat a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; line with waxed paper and coat the paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Add orange peel; juice and vanilla. Add sifted flour mixture; mix well (batter will be thick). In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form; fold into batter.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake; spread marmalade evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with remaining confectioners' sugar.
- Nutritional Analysis: One slice equals 230 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit.
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
As far as jelly rolls go, this one is a monarch of its kind. I highly recommend it. Oddly enough, it's exactly the same as a recipe my mother gave me. I've always loved it even as a child. I...
Very rewarding cake to make! Citrus flavor is very pleasant. Texture is great! very pleasant to eat. Sturdy enough for very easy rolling. Springy and light. I skipped the marmalade and filled...
thank you... This is a very delicious cake. Light and airy.. l made it for my father-in-law and he approved... I luved the spong it was light as air..and not to sweeet at all. When I was makin...
This is a good potluck recipe. No one has ever seen a roll like this. It's very pretty. It is very sweet. My orange layer was much thinner than the picture. I made it with Smucker's orange ...
Mine wasn't nearly as pretty as the picture - but then again I can't quite seem to master sponge cake rolls. It tasted good, and was easy enough to make, but it made a lot of dirty dishes. I p...