Ingredients40 m servings
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Shape each into a 20-in. rope. Place ropes on a parchment-lined baking sheet; braid. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sugar and almonds. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- If your bread machine has a time-delay feature, we recommend you do not use it for this recipe.
- Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 each) equals 141 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
We realy like this bread,I usualy bake it on easter.It makes a large loaf,I sprinkle more like 2 tablespoons sugar on top.
Yummy! Soft and sweet, and made the house smell wonderful while baking.
This came out delicious and incredibly soft! I was afraid that the all-purpose flour I used (I didn't have bread flour on hand) might change the texture, but it still came out very nicely. The a...
I have successfully used and enjoyed this recipe many times. I gifted a loaf of this bread to a neighbour who raved about the texture and taste. I also served with my Christmas dinner, again to...
Great recipe. I added extra sugar, as the bread I grew up with was a bit sweeter. I also made 2 smaller loaves and baked at 325 since 350 made my first loaves a bit dark on the bottom. Great ...
This bread was very soft with a wonderful sugary crust. I made this with my 5 and 7 year old and took the advice of the last rater, 2 TBSP of sugar. We also left off the almonds as my husband is...
Our family really enjoyed this bread. The texture is light and fluffy and the cardamom is not over powering. Thanks for a great bread machine recipe.
Absolutely fabulous. Didn't change a thing. I don't deal well with yeast. I think this is the best bread I ever made even in the bread machine