Ingredients1 h 10 m servings
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, yeast, salt and nutmeg. In a saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120 degrees F-130 degrees F. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Beat in eggs until smooth. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a saucepan, combine the apricots and water. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the water is absorbed and apricots are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the brown sugar, juice and nuts. Cool.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread half of the filling over each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up each jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets; pinch ends of each together to form a ring. With scissors, cut each from outside edge two-thirds toward center of ring at 1 in. intervals. Separate strips slightly: twist so filling shows, slightly overlapping with previous piece. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm tea rings.
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I love dried apricots! This was a fabulous recipe and easier to make than it sounds. It also makes a lot and the presentation is lovely. I will certainly make again.
I followed the recipe and it was Wonderful! I did not put it in the fridge for over night. My neighbor who cooks loved it. I am going to make some more. Thank You so much Dot for sharing this wi...