Ingredients42 m servings
- In a pressure cooker, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat; drain. Remove chicken to a 30-in. x 18-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Top with onion, peppers, garlic and orange peel. Wrap tightly.
- Place on a rack in pressure cooker; add water. Close over securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook for 12 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Stir in the sherry or broth, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, butter and ginger. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a serving platter. Top with sauce; sprinkle with almonds.
- This recipe was tested at 10/13/15 pounds of pressure (psi).
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
If you are looking for an Orange Chicken recipe... similar to Panda Express type, look elsewhere. The sauce is way more like a sweet and sour sauce than an orange sauce, absolutely nothing like ...
Like the other reviewer, I also made only the sauce. I used it as a sauce for a chicken and vegetable stirfry and it was easy and good.
I only made the sauce part because I wanted to make "Orange Chicken" similar to chinese take-out which is typically on deep fried chicken pieces. It was very good! I only changed the sauce by ...
Too much teriyaki, too much orange, too sweet. A very unbalanced sauce. If you want to make orange chicken look elsewhere, this will only disappoint.