Ingredients30 m servings
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of watermelon with a sharp knife so it sits flat. Mark horizontal cutting line 2 in. above center and around the melon (see diagram below).
- For handle, score a 1-1/2-in.-wide strip across the top of melon, connecting both sides to the horizontal line. With a long sharp knife, cut all the way through the rind above the cutting line in a zigzag pattern.
- Carefully lift off the side pieces. Remove fruit from both sections and cut into balls. Refrigerate the basket.
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon and honeydew balls. In another bowl, whisk cranberry juice, corn syrup and lime juice until blended; pour over melon balls. Cover and chill for 3 hours.
- Drain; spoon melon into watermelon basket. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in sugar, lemon juice and cardamom; serve with melon.
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I do not add the juices since it makes the fruit soggy. I have been making this for years now, I add flower stems and this is so nice to add other fruits to make a nice summer salad when you go...
This watermelon basket has always been a great addition to our graduation parties. I've never tried it with the fruit juice-I'm going to the next time I make it. Our family has always added fr...
I didn't put the juice mixture on mine either. I hope my picture uploads soon. It's so cute!