Sweet and Sour Pasta
Ingredientsservings 505 cals
- Cook penne pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Place the onion, leek, and carrot in a saucepan with the olive oil and saute for a few minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Place the tomatoes, honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and Chinese five spice into the saucepan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the drained tuna fish and cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, season with salt, stir in a few spoonfuls of creme fraiche and pour the sauce over the cooked penne.
Per Serving: 505 calories; 10.4 g fat; 86.2 g carbohydrates; 21 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 395 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
A litte different, but it grows on you. Didn't have any creme fraiche, so I used sour cream. Came out fine. Will fix it again!
I tossed the hot penne with sour cream prior to adding the hot tomato sauce--very silky. Instead of tuna I added pre-cooked Chinese BBQ pork. Kids loved it.
Some people might say that I didn't really have this dish, at all, but lacking some ingredients, I got a little imaginative with substitutions: Lacking a leek, I subbed a small onion and some mi...
I really enjoy the flavors in this simple dish that is sure to satisfy. While it might not be a favorite, it's one I always come back to. I like to make it a little creamier than the recipe call...