Pasta Salad with Tuna and Broccoli
Ingredients45 m servings 906 cals
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil; use this water to blanch the broccoli and cook the pasta. Blanch broccoli in boiling water. When it is al dente, transfer broccoli to a bowl of ice water. Drain thoroughly.
- Cook penne in salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain. Rinse under cold running water until completely cooled, and then drain completely.
- Meanwhile, place tuna in a skillet with water, white wine, and lemon juice. Cover, and cook until done. Break fish into chunks.
- Combine broccoli, penne, fish, tomatoes, cheese, olives, walnuts, garlic, and parsley in a large serving bowl.
- Heat olive oil in small pan over low heat. Cut anchovy fillets into small pieces, add to the olive oil, and mash with a fork until they dissolve. Do not let oil get too hot. Pour oil-anchovy mixture over salad. Toss, and serve immediately.
Per Serving: 906 calories; 49.3 g fat; 66.9 g carbohydrates; 50.8 g protein; 85 mg cholesterol; 672 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is fabulous! I used canned tuna in olive oil instead of albacore because i do not have it here in Prague. It goes down great with a glass of white wine. What a wonderful, light, highly ref...
Easy and quick to prepare. Tastes better chilled and served over your favorite lettuce.