Ingredients50 m servings
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in crab. In a food processor or blender, process bread slices, a few at a time, until fine crumbs form (total volume should be 2-1/2 cups). Add 1 cup to the crab mixture; mix well.
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls of crab mixture into patties. Coat both sides of patties with remaining bread crumbs, pressing to adhere. Place on a baking sheet; cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a blender of food processor, combine the red pepper, onions, mustard, mayonnaise, shallots, parsley, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cover and process until finely chopped. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large skillet, melt half of butter and half of oil. Place half of the crab cakes in skillet. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned (carefully turn the delicate cakes over). Repeat with remaining butter, oil and crab cakes. Serve with sauce and lemon wedges.
- TEST KITCHEN TIP Chilling these delicate crab cakes makes them less fragile during frying.
ReviewsRead all reviews 26
The recipe mentions adding honey to the sauce but I do not see an amount. How much honey should be added?
These are very good. I put them in the freezer on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper for 30 minutes before cooking and they held together just fine. I added crushed garlic cloves to the red ...
The crab cakes weren't our favorite but the sauce, after some modification, was nice. I don't know that I would be able to say that, however, had I used the hefty amount of Dijon mustard called ...
The Red Pepper Sauce was to die for. I substituted Jalapeno Mustard (Black Bear brand at Target)for the Dijon. Wonderful!
Super easy and made 10 small to medium crab cakes. I did have to add a little melted butter so they would stick together better. Overall, wonderful recipe and the pepper sauce is the perfect c...
I only made the sauce, but it was very good! I think a little less dijon would have been fine too.
Great sauce! I use this sauce with the "My crab Cakes" recipe from this site.
This was my first time making crab cakes and I was nervous because it is my bf's favorite. He said they are the best crab cakes he's ever had! I followed the recipe except that I added one cup o...