- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Frosting (see footnote for link to recipe).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the egg yolk, then stir in the flour until combined.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and dip in egg white. Place 1 inch apart on the cookie sheet. Make an indentation in each cookie with your finger or the end of a wooden spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes; remove from oven and fill indentations with Cream Cheese Frosting. Return cookies to the oven for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 1 to 2 minutes before removing from pan.
- Fill these cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Per Serving: 130 calories; 8.1 12.5 2 37 66 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
the filling melts when you put it back in oven for the 2-3min. bland cookie would not recommend this one and I love cookies. Please note that when I made cookies this was not the original...
This is an excellent recipe I have used many times for events and parties. They have always been a hit and people seek me out to ask for the recipe. It is one of the most requested baking reci...
I love these little gems. I filled with a cream cheese frosting I made that had some jam added... some raspberry and some peach. I filled them just a little bit for the first few but them real...
This is a very good recipe. Little tender cookies, with a melted icing that covers the tops of the cookies in a thin layer. Instead of dipping the cookies in egg white, I rolled the balls in co...