Swedish Ice Box Cookies
"These cookies were a favorite of my Grandmother. We don't know where the recipe came from, but it's very old. Because of my Grandmother, our entire family loves these cookies. They are definitely an acquired taste but delicious! I am proud to be able to share this recipe with you, the world."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 91 cals
Original recipe yields 60 servings (4 to 5 dozen)
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- In another medium bowl, combine the caraway seeds, flour and nuts. Add to the butter mixture and blend well.
- Form dough into a long roll and wrap with plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Thinly slice the chilled dough and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Per Serving: 91 calories; 5.9 g fat; 8.5 g carbohydrates; 1.6 g protein; 14 mg cholesterol; 24 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I used pecans instead of walnuts, and changed the flour to be 1 cup rye flour and 2 cups all-purpose flour. These are easy to make! They have a wonderful smell and taste! I love the hidden su...