Nebraska Raisin Bars
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x15 inch baking pan.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
- Combine raisins and water (or juice) in saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in shortening.
- When the mixture has cooled to lukewarm beat in egg and vanilla. Mix in sugar; stir to blend. Beat flour mixture into the shortening mixture. Stir in the walnuts. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes. When they have cooled cut them into bars; sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
Per Serving: 152 calories; 6.2 23.1 1.8 8 81 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
These bars came out very tasty. The recipe was different but easy enough to follow. The only thing I'll do differently next time is use a smaller baking dish. I think bars will be even tastier.
My mom has been making these for years! They are fantastic and remind me of my childhood. The only thing we do differently is omit the nuts.We also like to mix some powdered sugar with a little ...